Wednesday 30 July 2014

A mini update

Lately I've really been neglecting the blogging side of things; I've been writing a new book, recovering from surgery and planning out how to make new pieces from my mind into physical form. 
In my last blog post Blog: Back in the groove I mentioned how I was really loving slowly getting back into woodwork, aswell as drivelling on about how much I appreciate everything everyone's helped me do in support of my work (soppy blog post: guilty!).
 
For the amazing talented Jess Burnett I made her a large wall trophy mount. I made it in golds and I cast a fox skull and sika deer antlers and combined them together; I know she loves her mythical creatures! I mounted the skull at a convenient angle on my handcut shield-shape wood and airbrushed/stained everything.


I love it so much I was sad to see it leave to the Post Office. I'm so happy she liked it!

I have also revamped the moss antler headdress, I have switched my usual cast to half the length, a more manageable 15cm length, so we can wear them without risk of slip. They're extra adorable this size, and a lot more detailed!


I'm currently undergoing a few custom orders including a beautiful trinket box and deer ears, once both are finished I will no doubt update this page with photos galore!
Have a great day!













No comments:

Post a Comment