Thursday 4 December 2014

Blog: I was asked to make some Mortiis.M gear for Made in Chelsea!

Hey guys! Many of you know it's been a very quiet 3 months from me for personal reasons; however I am still making orders and a few new things in the background. All Christmas orders are being made, so no fear :)
 Thankyou to everyone for their lovely messages about this.I will also be attending a stall here (of course under my Mortiis.M stall) for the Saturday & Sunday, in Newcastle (provided my emotions permit me to; it would have been my sister's 31st birthday the day after on the 15th December). There are so many wonderful stalls full of beautiful creations and delicious food at this market, so bring your friends and family along for a lovely medieval Christmas warm-up!
It is by the Castle Keep in Newcastle City Centre. I hear there will be huskies there, too!

Anyway; back to the headline of this blog post-  I recieved an email from somebody who works for the Channel 4 programme Made in Chelsea. The lovely lady told me she loved the antler headdresses I made and they would be perfect for the grand finale of the big-hit TV programme. I have never been asked to have my pieces involved in something so big, so naturally at first I was dubious. My dad said to phone up E4 to double-check that the sender's email address was legitimate; anyway, ofcourse it turned out to be legitimate and I gave the lady a phonecall back to ask the whats/whens/wheres/hows. The lady, Sarah, let me know that the filming would take place on Sunday, and it was already Thursday evening! I would need to make and complete all orders in time for the post office on Friday to send out Next Day Delivery for them to arrive on Saturday. Against all odds I managed, but with mere minutes to spare. Unfortunately I didn't even have enough for a real quick photo of the antlers to share before they were packed up in the box and hastily drove to the Post Office. I sent 3 antler headdresses and a glittery fox skull headdress. In this box was a super-special pair though; an icy pair of antlers! cast with a specially-concocted mix of translucent blue and irridescent sheen. I let Sarah know she can keep a pair of them if she kindly snaps a photo of them and uploads them for me! (I really do wish I had taken the time to take a photo!).
Airing will take place on the week of Christmas, I will be watching like a hawk in hopes to spot them!

- That's Made in Chelsea Episode 11, the week of Christmas, Monday, E4, 21:00 guys! :p


Allow me to input a few key words for search purposes; should I be lucky enough that the camera crew have caught them amongst the woodland party ;)

PS- If you're interested in a pair of animal-friendly (I cast each one by hand myself; the antlers are not real bone) antlers for yourself, feel free to head on over to my UK shop at http://www.mortiism.com I also have Instagram @Mortiis.M and facebook /mortiism

:)


1 comment: